Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) has been an important component of topical therapy for acne vulgaris due to its ability to markedly reduce Propionibacterium acnes and inflammatory acne lesions and its ability to moderately reduce noninflammatory acne lesions.
- Salicylic acid helps to reduce surface sebum levels and unclog pores
- Designed for a variety of skin types to help enhance skin smoothness
- Helps control acne and manage breakouts for healthier-looking skin
For Double action and Best Results, combine with Clenziderm M.D Therapeutic Lotion (BPO).
To effectively treat acne-prone skin, Obagi recommends using both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as part of a complete and balanced acne treatment regimen. This has shown to be highly effective, with benzoyl peroxide actively targeting bacteria, while salicylic acid gently exfoliates.
How To Use:
- After cleansing, place a cotton ball or pad over the pump firmly and pump 2 to 3 times to saturate
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily and shake product well before use.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed.
- Allow the product to air dry completely; do not rinse off.
- Try to avoid unnecessary sun exposure; if going outside, apply a sunscreen.
Active Ingredients: Salicylic acid 2%
Ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethoxydiglycol, ext. D&C Violet 2, Fragrance, Glycerin, Menthol, Menthoxypropanediol, Menthyl Lactate, SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Water (Aqua).